Welcome Fall With Apple Pie
It is the first weekend of Fall! This is hand down my favorite time of year. I love the crisp air that comes in, the boots that come out and the slight hint of the smell of cinnamon everywhere you go.
If you are anything like me, you are probably craving all the delicious treats that come along with the season! Pregnancy is sure increasing all these cravings as well!
While I was trying to be good, I decided to enjoy a healthy dose of apple pie flavors the other morning. I have to say it really did satisfy the craving that morning! I had an apple and cinnamon coconut yogurt in the fridge that I decided to jazz up with some diced apples and honey granola. So, if you are trying to be really good this is the best most nutritious option.
If you are looking for a bit more on the sweet side you have come to right place! This apple pie cup recipe will help you satisfy that craving without the work of an entire pie!
The best part...
It is so simple and quick! You only need a few ingredients, most of which you likely have on hand!
WHAT YOU NEED:
Makes 6 Individual Cups
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Get out muffin tin and set aside.
2. Place your tortillas out on a cutting board. Melt the butter, if desired, or spread on to both sides of each tortilla.
3. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture and cut into quarters.
4. Place two slices together (triangle sides, so round in facing up) and press down into the muffin cup. Bake for about 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. Sprinkle the diced apples with the additional cinnamon and sugar. Add butter to saute pan over medium heat.
6. Add in apples once butter begins to bubble. Cook on medium for about 5 minutes, or until apples have softened.
7. Remove cups from the oven and allow to cool slightly. I suggest serving them while they are still warm. Top with cool whip or ice cream. Serve and enjoy your pie own little piece of pie!
1. Use whatever you have on hand, mix cinnamon with white or brown sugar etc.
2. For gluten free, make sure you are using gluten free tortillas.
3. For dairy free, make sure you are using vegan butter, and dairy free toppings.
4. Can make recipe even smaller by using only one tortilla and apple - just adjust the cinnamon sugar, and butter to taste. This will make two cups.
Happy Fall! Enjoy!
Hi there! I'm Kait!
Amazon Associates Disclosure
Embodiment by Kait is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com